1. Try to figure out what is causing you to feel so awful, ashamed, or down.
2. Talk to someone you think will understand.
3. Identify and accept the feelings that you have (They’re not right or wrong … it’s simply how you feel right now.)
4. Express your feelings in a safe, non-threatening way.
5. Related to this, think of ways to manage them effectively so that you don’t feel quite so bad, and so completely overwhelmed.
6. Try to get some space, or a change of scenery.
7. Avoid being with people who demand too much from you (especially those who drain you emotionally.)
So. I had no idea about this app until I went into my doctor and he told me about it.
LISTEN UP. THIS APP. THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE IS SERIOUSLY A BLESSING. ESPECIALLY TO ANYONE WITH FINANCIAL PROBLEMS (which is kind of everyone now). THIS IS NOT INSURANCE THOUGH. BUT IT WILL HELP YOU OUT. DOWNLOAD THIS APP RIGHT NOW. NO. STOP READING. DOWNLOAD IT.
This app allows you to input the prescription you have, select your dose, and then find a place near you (or your own pharmacy) with the cheapest price. Then you click “get code/coupon/discount card,” show that to the pharmacist, and THERE YOU GO. SAVING YOU SOME CASH TO GET YOURSELF A WELL DESERVED DRINK, CANDY BAR, DATE MONEY, SEX TOY CASH, OR GO BUY YOURSELF A HAMSTER AND NAME HIM STARLORD WITH THE EXTRA MONEY.
No, but in all seriousness. This app is saving my ass right now.
I’m Trans* and have Fibromyalgia, and this is really making a difference already. I hope this helps out other people. We all know it fucking sucks to have to pay this much for the medication we need to function in life.
this really helped me out when i didn’t have insurance. like, being able to spend only $8 on meds that normally would’ve cost me $100+ is incredible.
hey i know i have a lot of ASD friends for whom autoplay is a really awful thing so here is a really nice option, stay safe friends
I know I preach a lot of “relentless positivity” and “create your own joy” and all that, but it’s important to remember that you will not feel happy all the time and that is perfectly okay. There is nothing wrong with feeling sad, or angry, or jealous or scared or guilty or lonely or any other unpleasant emotion. When you are feeling like this:
- Remember that you will not feel this way forever. This emotion is temporary, but do not try to force yourself to feel differently. Accept what you are feeling.
- Reflect on what may have brought on this emotion. Was it something you did, or someone else did? Are you feeling overwhelmed or overstimulated? Have you eaten, drank, and slept enough? Sometimes the cause might be obvious, but sometimes it may seem like an emotion has come out of nowhere. It’s okay if you can’t come up with an explanation- the way you feel is always valid.
- Take care of yourself. If you’ve identified a cause for the emotion, address that. If you haven’t, kick up the self-care. What would you do for a friend who was feeling this way? Do these things for yourself.
- Sometimes taking care of yourself is difficult. Reach out for help when you need to.
Self-love and self-compassion is hard work, but you are worth it <3